Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wondering what to buy your loved ones for Valentines ??

How about this one of a kind "keep sake" necklace ?
I guarantee you this is a one of a kind and not easily found, a very unique gift indeed !!!

I kid you not - below is a picture of Jan Ryerse' toenail necklace that he made from the remnants of his Badwater, Western States, and other expeditions. He also takes donations if you would like to send yours in.
Excerpt from e mail exchange regarding "toe nail removal"

(Image borrowed from Scott Dunlap's Blog)





(looks like i'm not the only one obsessed with toenails...) on january 12, 2006, I received the following emails from jan ryerse:

from: Jan Ryerse Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 4:23 PM
to: fargasch at g-mail, without the dash, dot com
cc: ultra at listserv.dartmouth.edu
subject: toenail - to be or not to be

pull it off !!! - you don't want no toenail floating around inside your shoe during an ultra - and also you can mail it to me for inclusion in my toenail necklace that I'm workin on - I'll e-mail you off-list with my address - needle-nose pliers work really well at removing recalcitrant hanging toenails - go to http://www.stlouisultrarunnersgroup.net and click on photos - that ones being removed a month or so after Badwater 02 - Jan


to: fargasch at g-mail, without the dash, dot com
subject: toenail

I'm quite serious - wrap in kleenex and mail to me - Jan Ryerse 823 Limoge Drive Manchester MO 63021 - I'll inscribe your name on it and include it in my toenail necklace - BTW - good luck in the 50 miler - I hear there are some incredible vistas up on the high trails on Catalina - Jan

i had a hard time believing he was serious, but a few minutes ago i was browsing the fixing your feet e-zine and came across this interesting series of articles... i somehow feel better now.













No comments:

Post a Comment